Our Long Island Office
Our knowledgeable Long Island attorneys are here to help you build and protect your legacy, whether it involves estate planning, probate administration, real estate transactions, or even landlord-tenant law. With decades of experience serving clients throughout Long Island, our attorneys can help you plan for your future and achieve your goals.
The legal team of Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP has the resources, connections, and foresight to help you plan for your next move and beyond. No matter what challenge you are facing, we can deliver smart solutions that work for you.
For your free consultation, call us today or contact us online.
How Our Long Island Attorneys Can Help You
Our attorneys can help you with a wide range of matters, including estate planning, probate and estate administration, real estate transactions, and landlord-tenant issues. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and resources to support you. If you need assistance in any of the following areas, do not hesitate to reach out and learn more about how we can help.
Estate planning is about your life, your legacy, and the protection you leave for your loved ones. By having a plan in place, you can help make your wishes known, keep control over the decisions that matter to you, and give peace of mind to you and your family.
As part of our estate planning services, our attorneys can:
- Draft a last will and testament that respects your wishes and your goals. A will is one of the most important documents you can create. Without one, your estate could be divided according to state law.
- Advise you on trusts and what types might work for you. As part of the estate planning process, our Long Island attorneys can evaluate your options for protecting and controlling your assets through trusts.
- Prepare a power of attorney for someone you trust. A reliable person with power of attorney can make legal and financial decisions for you if you’re unable to do so on your own. Our attorneys can prepare a power of attorney and make sure everything you need is in place.
- Put together a healthcare proxy. A healthcare proxy is another crucial document that should be a part of your estate plan. A healthcare proxy allows someone you trust to make key medical decisions for you in the event that you are incapacitated. Our attorneys can discuss your options and put together a healthcare proxy that meets your needs.
Probate and Estate Administration
Our attorneys are also ready to help with your probate and estate administration needs. A complex estate can be a headache for an executor. The executor’s tasks may be even more involved when an individual passes away without a will. Notices, court filings, property appraisal, and tax filings are only a few of the duties that fall under estate administration. Our attorneys can help with all aspects of probate and estate administration to take the burden off you.
The law firm of Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP has decades of experience handling all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions. We are here to help you with simple or complex real estate matters. We have handled commercial property involving office buildings, mixed-use developments, and educational buildings. We have also handled a wide range of residential real estate matters. We know what it takes to make a transaction go as smoothly as possible.
Whether you need help with buying and selling, banking and lending, or commercial leasing, Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP is here for you.
If you are a landlord, our talented team can help you with all aspects of your business. We can keep you updated on how legislation may affect you, and we can represent you in administrative proceedings. For tenants, we can stand up for your rights when your lease is not being honored and you are not receiving the services that you need.
Our services for landlords include:
- Listening to you and helping you build a plan to meet your goals
- Advising you on how legislation and regulation updates could change your business
- Handling non-pay cases and overcharge claims
- Managing holdover proceedings
- Taking care of any administrative law issues, such as permitting and proceedings
- Performing lease file auditing and drafting
- Preparing pre/post-acquisition due diligence reports
For tenants, our team knows the challenges you face may include illegal rent increases and broken lease agreements. The legal team of Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP can help you understand your rights, the law, and the options you have for moving forward.
No matter what type of landlord-tenant issue you are facing, our Long Island attorneys are available to talk and help you determine your next steps.
Talk to a Long Island Attorney Now
When you need experienced legal support and strategic advice, get the help you deserve. Contact Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP today. With an in-depth knowledge of estate planning, real estate, estate administration, and landlord-tenant matters, we are ready to craft smart solutions that work for you.
For a free consultation, call Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP today or contact us online.