Trusts Attorney in Manhattan
Trusts are one of the best tools you have to protect your assets and plan for your family’s future. Trusts can be customized to keep your assets out of probate. An effective trust allows you to tell your loved ones of your final wishes and avoid the types of family disputes that can turn into court battles.
At Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP, our Manhattan trust attorneys can create a comprehensive estate plan that works for you and your family. We will listen carefully to your goals and help you build a plan that protects your assets and your legacy. Our attorneys have decades of experience helping clients set up trusts as part of the in-depth strategic planning for their entire estate.
For a free consultation and to learn how we can help you with a trust in New York, call Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP today or contact us online.
What Is a Trust?
Think of a trust as a legal tool for protecting and allocating your assets. Trusts can have significant legal and tax benefits. They can direct your assets to a specific purpose or a specific person. The person who manages the trust is known as the trustee. The person or organization that benefits from the trust is known as a beneficiary. Depending upon the type of trust you set up and the goals you have, you may be the trustee or the beneficiary. Your role will depend on your plans and the type of trust you create.
Benefits of Creating a Trust as Part of Your Estate Plan
Benefits of trusts include:
- Knowing how your assets will be distributed during your lifetime and after you pass
- Keeping your assets private and out of a lengthy probate process
- Allowing you to keep control of your assets while obtaining important protections
- Providing key tax benefits and helping reduce your estate for tax purposes
- Maintaining control over important decisions about your assets
- Structuring your assets for charitable activities
If you have questions about the best strategy for your estate plan, contact an NYC trust lawyer today at Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP.