Landlord-Tenant Lawyer in Long Island
No matter what type of landlord-tenant challenge you are facing, it can help to speak with a knowledgeable attorney about your legal rights. Whether you are a tenant who has concerns about something your landlord is doing, or a landlord who needs guidance for your business, an experienced Long Island landlord-tenant attorney can get you on the right track.
At Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP, we are the ultimate resource for landlord-tenant law. Our lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the Long Island real estate market. With decades of experience, our team can find smart solutions for the challenges you face. Our landlord-tenant lawyers can advise you on the law and ensure you are protected.
For a free consultation with a landlord-tenant attorney on Long Island, call Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP today or contact us online.
How Our Lawyers in Long Island Help Landlords
In your role as a landlord, you must be prepared to handle leases, loans, tenant relationships, and regulatory agencies. Matters can come up quickly and unexpectedly, leaving you unsure of your next steps. That uncertainty can hamper your business operations.
If you are a landlord and need support, our team can:
- Discuss your situation for free and help you develop a plan to achieve your goals
- Review and draft leases critical to your operations
- Advise you on changes and updates in New York landlord-tenant law that could affect your properties and your business
- Provide the deep knowledge and resources in landlord-tenant law that your operations need
- Handle non-pay cases and overcharge claims
- Manage any administrative or rent regulation proceedings
- Take care of any pre-acquisition or post-acquisition due diligence reports
If you have questions about your operations and how we can help, contact our Long Island landlord-tenant lawyers today. Our team can answer your questions, advise you on next steps, and help you find a smart solution to your problems. Whether it is reviewing your leases or fighting for you in an administrative hearing, our legal team is ready to help.
How Our Attorneys in Long Island Help Tenants
As a tenant, you may be facing financial pressure and an uncertain future. You may not know what laws are in place to protect you. A dispute with a landlord can be stressful and daunting, but the good news is that our attorneys can help.
If you are a tenant, our team can assist you by:
- Talking with you about your needs, the problem you are facing, and the goals you want to achieve
- Reviewing your situation and explaining what options are available to you
- Advising you on your lease and your rights under New York law
- Advocating for you and your rights in any payment or eviction proceedings
- Standing up for your rights when a property needs repair or the leaseholder does not honor promises made to you
Let an experienced landlord-tenant lawyer on Long Island help you find a path forward. At Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP, we are here to stand up for your rights every step of the way.
Common Landlord-Tenant Matters We Help With
Our Long Island landlord-tenant attorneys have decades of experience handling the matters that are important to you. No matter what type of landlord-tenant problem you are facing, our firm has the experience and know-how to get you through it. Common issues we handle include:
- Holdover proceedings, non-pay cases, and overcharge claims
- Administrative law and rent regulation issues such as DHCR proceedings and overcharge analysis, preservation and development issues, and permitting
- Legislative updates and changes to landlord-tenant laws that could affect your lease, your business, and your operations
- Residential and commercial representation, including pre-acquisition or post-acquisition due diligence reports, and lease file auditing and drafting
- Condo and co-op lease/sublease drafting and review
No matter what type of issue you are dealing with, our Long Island landlord-tenant attorneys are ready to help you find solutions to the challenges you face. We will answer all your questions and help develop a plan to move forward.
Talk to a Long Island Landlord-Tenant Lawyer Now
If you need help with a landlord-tenant matter, contact Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP today. Our knowledgeable team has decades of experience handling landlord-tenant issues, and we are ready to help you. With a deep understanding of the New York real estate market, our Long Island attorneys can keep you up-to-date on the law and help you find creative solutions to the challenges you face. From drafting and auditing leases to representing you in negotiations and administrative hearings, our team has the resources, connections, and foresight to help you achieve your goals.
Talk to a Long Island landlord-tenant attorney today by calling Chaves Perlowitz Luftig LLP or contacting us online for a free consultation.